Vergennes Township is currently taking bids from qualified contractors for snow removal services for the 2021-2022 winter season.
Bids must be submitted to the Vergennes Township Clerk on or before October 14, 2021 at noon. Bids will be reviewed at the October 20, 2021 7 p.m. regular board meeting.
Vergennes Township reserves the right to waive any informality in the request for proposals, to reject any or all proposals; and to award the contract in a manner which it considers to be in the best interest of the township. The Township reserves the right to use whatever reasonable and sensible evaluation techniques it deems appropriate.
Scope of Services: 69 Lincoln Lake NE, Lowell, Michigan –
The contractor shall provide snow removal services as outlined below:
- Plow parking lot and salt as needed when there are 2 inches or more of snow accumulation. Lot and walks need to be cleared by 8:30 a.m.
- Plow parking lot and shovel walks – if needed – on Election Day – currently scheduled for November 2, 2021 before 6 a.m., and provide slip free surfaces throughout the day.
- From November – April there will be 10 meeting nights that require parking lot and walks need to be cleared. Dates can be provided as scheduled.
- Drop box at base of flag pole needs to be kept clear, including the rear so it can be accessed by staff.
- The prices submitted should be calculated on a “per-time” rate and “seasonal” rate.
The contractor shall carry comprehensive general liability and property damage insurance and after contract is awarded, identify Vergennes Township as an additional insured party on your policies for the duration of the contract. You must supply a copy of said insurance to the Clerk prior to providing any service.
The township must receive prior notification and approve the use of any subcontractor.
Deadline for Submission
To be considered, proposals must be submitted to, and be on file with the Vergennes Township Clerk on or before October 14, 2021 at noon. Snowplow bids will be reviewed at the October 20, 2021 7 p.m. regular board meeting.
All bids should be submitted to:
Shantell Ford, Clerk
69 Lincoln Lake Ave NE
PO Box 208
Lowell, MI 49331