2020 Season- Township Hall and Township Cemetery Lawn Care Service
Vergennes Township is currently taking bids for the 2020 lawn care season for the following Township Hall locations and four township cemeteries as follows:
Township Hall locations:
- 10381 Bailey Dr. -Township Hall location
- 69 Lincoln Lake -future Township Hall location- (very limited need)
Township Cemetery locations:
- Bailey – corner of Bailey Dr. and Parnell Ave.
- Krum Blanding- on south side of Vergennes St., between Cumberland Ave. and Parnell Ave.
- Foxes Corner- On east side of Lincoln Lake Rd, south of Vergennes Rd.
- Fallas- Covered Bridge at McPherson
- All Township Hall lawn care and cemetery lawn care bids should be received by 3 pm on November 18, 2019 to be considered at the regular board meeting.
For Request for Proposal information, please visit the front page of the Vergennes Township website at www.vergenenstwp.org, call 616-897-5671, or stop by the township offices.
Office address: 10381 Bailey Drive, PO Box 208, Lowell, Michigan 49331.
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesday 9 am – 3 pm, Thursday 9 am – 12 pm.
Vergennes Township Clerk
Vergennes Township Adoption of Ordinance
To Opt-Out, Regulate and Prohibit Marihuana Establishments and Facilities and Prescribe Penalties for Ordinance Violation
Notice is hereby given that Vergennes Township Ordinance 2018-07 to opt-out, regulate and prohibit Recreational Marihuana Establishments and Facilities in Vergennes Township and to Prescribe Penalties for Violation of the Ordinance was adopted at a special meeting of the Vergennes Township Board on December 3, 2018 and is summarized as follows:
Section 1 - TITLE: Known as: “Vergennes Township Marihuana Establishments and Facilities Ordinance.”
Section 2 – DEFINITIONS: IHRA means the Industrial Hemp Research Act, 2014 PA 547, MCL 286.841 et seq. Marihuana establishment means that term as defined in the MRTMA. Marihuana facility means that term as defined in the MMFLA. MMFLA means the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act, 2016 PA 281, as amended. MMMA means the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, 2008 IL 1, as amended. MRTMA means the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act, 2018 IL 1, as amended.
Section 3 - MARIHUANA ESTABLISHMENTS AND FACILITIES PROHIBITED: Marihuana facilities are prohibited within the boundaries of the Township.
Section 4 - RIGHTS UNAFFECTED BY THIS ORDINANCE- This Ordinance shall not affect the rights of any person under Section 5 of the MRTMA, or the IHRA.
Section 5 - SEVERABILITY If any part of this Ordinance is determined to be unconstitutional or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, it shall be severed from the remainder of the Ordinance and such determination shall not affect the remainder of the Ordinance which shall remain valid and in effect.
- Section 6 – PENALTIES: Violation of this Ordinance is a municipal civil infraction. This Ordinance will be enforced and administered by the Township Zoning Administrator, the Township Building Inspector, and such other Township official or agent as the Township Board or such other Township official as may be designated from time to time by resolution by the Township Board, or the Kent County Sheriff Department.
- The complete text of the Ordinance 2018-07 is on file at the township office, located at 10381 Bailey Dr., Lowell, and is available on the township website at www.vergennestwp.org.
This ordinance shall become effective thirty (30) days after publication.
Vergennes Township Clerk